Afterthought (Preview) Afterthought (Preview)

I'm digging this.

Production is good, and the track is nice and chill. Looking forward to the full version!

alanisnotcool responds:

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :)

Supernova Supernova

First off, your melodies are great, I like them a lot. Also, the overall structure and flow of the song are wonderful. However, some producing quirks let this down a bit.

I don't fully agree with some of your instrument choices. The snare is a bit weak, and the same goes for the kick you use throughout most of the song. The kick you use in the buildups hits a bit harder and fits better with the rest.

The leads are very loud and they all sit at around the same volume level, which makes the song a lot messier than it has to be. It's a bit confusing listening to it, because so much goes on at the same time. Try elevating your main melody and keeping the rest of the synths / pads in the background. Some of your synths also sound a bit dry; consider adding some reverb to them.

Couple of small other things:
- The sweep at around 2:50 is really loud.
- Hihats throughout the song are also way too loud.
- For an example of what I think sounds cluttered: 03:38 and beyond. There's so much going on.
- I like what you did with the intro and outro, they sound very clean and make the song feel complete.

Overall it's a great concept, but in my opinion it needs a bit more polish. 4 stars though, because your ideas are really good. Keep working!

Felocai responds:

Thanks for so detailed review, these are I think the most needed ones.
I must say I agree with most of your arguments, I'm not perfect in making trance and I should still learn a lot and you're surely one of the people helping me with it :3

A New Era A New Era

Dang, the atmosphere here is really good! Gives that whole mystic vibe that would fit the moments before an epic boss battle. It loops very well. Interesting use of the different time signature as well, it switches up nicely. The guitar slide at 00:42 is just pure awesome, that's something I always love. Production values are good.

It personally gives me Risk of Rain vibes as well, which is a big compliment, because that soundtrack is so amazing.

Nice job dude!

TheDukesDepot responds:

"mystic vibe that would fit the moments before an epic boss battle"

DING DING DING DING! We have a winner, folks!

And thanks.

DualbladeX - Paradox DualbladeX - Paradox

This sounds alright. The lead synth is your typical hands up synth, but it sounds alright, and the drums are all decent. The melody is catchy. The break builds up very well, but the transition to the climax is weird. It's a bit too sudden imo.

Overall not bad! :>

DualbladeX responds:

Nii San (Brother) Nii San (Brother)

Yo, this is awesome!

I think the feeling of loyalty is conveyed very well here, and I can't fault anything with your production. Superb!

HussainAlidina responds:

Thank you very much for your kind words :)

Seahorse Dreams Seahorse Dreams

This is quite a neat tune, however some things could be improved. The leads and melodies are too loud, and the percussion is too soft. Try tweaking them until it sounds right! With tracks like these, usually you want the kick and snare to be the loudest part of your mix. Also, I'm not too fond of the bass-y synth you start using at around 0:44, because it clashes with the other synth. Lastly, reverse cymbals, sweeps and crashes help in making transitions more smooth. Perhaps you could do something with that.

The melodies themselves are very catchy though, and overall production values are good. The instruments you chose are alright as well. Good stuff, and best of luck for the future!

Panda Dance Panda Dance

This is pretty catchy dude!
The saw lead sounds kinda generic, maybe detune it a bit to get a fuller sound. It's also kinda short.

Other than that, pretty neat.