Afterthought (Preview) Afterthought (Preview)

I'm digging this.

Production is good, and the track is nice and chill. Looking forward to the full version!

alanisnotcool responds:

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :)

Supernova Supernova

First off, your melodies are great, I like them a lot. Also, the overall structure and flow of the song are wonderful. However, some producing quirks let this down a bit.

I don't fully agree with some of your instrument choices. The snare is a bit weak, and the same goes for the kick you use throughout most of the song. The kick you use in the buildups hits a bit harder and fits better with the rest.

The leads are very loud and they all sit at around the same volume level, which makes the song a lot messier than it has to be. It's a bit confusing listening to it, because so much goes on at the same time. Try elevating your main melody and keeping the rest of the synths / pads in the background. Some of your synths also sound a bit dry; consider adding some reverb to them.

Couple of small other things:
- The sweep at around 2:50 is really loud.
- Hihats throughout the song are also way too loud.
- For an example of what I think sounds cluttered: 03:38 and beyond. There's so much going on.
- I like what you did with the intro and outro, they sound very clean and make the song feel complete.

Overall it's a great concept, but in my opinion it needs a bit more polish. 4 stars though, because your ideas are really good. Keep working!

Felocai responds:

Thanks for so detailed review, these are I think the most needed ones.
I must say I agree with most of your arguments, I'm not perfect in making trance and I should still learn a lot and you're surely one of the people helping me with it :3

A New Era A New Era

Dang, the atmosphere here is really good! Gives that whole mystic vibe that would fit the moments before an epic boss battle. It loops very well. Interesting use of the different time signature as well, it switches up nicely. The guitar slide at 00:42 is just pure awesome, that's something I always love. Production values are good.

It personally gives me Risk of Rain vibes as well, which is a big compliment, because that soundtrack is so amazing.

Nice job dude!

TheDukesDepot responds:

"mystic vibe that would fit the moments before an epic boss battle"

DING DING DING DING! We have a winner, folks!

And thanks.